Pitch Wars Hopeful Mentee.

Celcelebrating Pitch Wars mentors

Hi!

When my critique partner introduced me to Pitch Wars, I was so amazed by the many busy writers willing to Perry and TARDIS pitchgive their time to help other writers grow in their craft. Huge TARDIS full of thanks to all the mentors! Thanks also to Christopher Keelty for his PitchWars mentee blog hop.

A bit about me:

As young girl, I tossed away the dolls that came with my dollhouse and replaced them with the

photo 1 (57) cast of Star Wars and Star Trek. Chewbacca went to school and C-3PO cleaned house. (I think my husband might have married me for those Star Wars toys. Ha! Actually, he came with his own collection.) And when I grew up, I wanted to be a ninja-Jedi-princess.

But…

I can’t run a four-minute mile, and I lost my tiara along the way, so instead of a lightsaber, I have a Master’s Degree in Communication Disorders. (Although hubs buys me lightsabers for gifts because he’s awesome like that.)

Why me?

pick me

As far as what to expect from me: I appreciate the mentors giving their time, and their time is valuable. I want to learn more about the art of writing, and I want to grow as a person. That takes hard work, stuffing my ego under the couch, and probably throwing some little darlings down the garbage disposal. Eating chocolate might come in handy, too. I’m a cancer survivor and a mom of a child with autism, so I’m not as phased by things as I used to be, and I’m not afraid to work hard.

I write YA fantasy. My manuscript for Pitch Wars was a finalist in the 2015 Washington, DC, Romance Writer’s Marlene contest, the 2015 Toronto Romance Writer’s Catherine Contest, and the 2014 YARWA Rosemary contest.

Some of my fav things…

Books: THE GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS by Rae Carson, THRONE OF GLASS by Sarah J. Maas, GRACELING by Kristin Cashore, CINDER by Marissa Meyer, STORM SIREN by Mary Weber, SCORPIO RACES and RAVEN CYCLE by Maggie Steifvater (anything by her, really–love her lyrical style.) Also, IRON FEY by Julie Kagawa, ENDER’S GAME, and almost everything by Terry Pratchett. Of course, HARRY POTTER, HUNGER GAMES, and LOTR.

TV/movies: Scripts written by Joss Whedon, Doctor Who, Star Wars, Daredevil, Flash, Avatar the Last Airbender, Legends of Korra, Young Justice, Batman, anything superhero.

Some other things about me. I have two children and a Greyhound mix who thinks he’s a cat. When I have time, I enjoy making fun cakes:

mockingjay cake

Superhero cupcakes for the "You're a Superhero" special needs prom.

Superhero cupcakes for the “You’re a Superhero” special needs prom.

IMG_3494

Birthday cake for my nephew. The Storm Trooper threw the pirates overboard.

TARDIS friends pitch

21 comments for “Pitch Wars Hopeful Mentee.

1. August 12, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Very cute bio!

2. August 15, 2015 at 3:59 pm

Great to meet a fellow author! I’m a huge fan of Harry Potter, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Hunger Games and LOTR too (among other things). I’m also a cancer survivor and I’m pretty sure that my dog (collie) is a spiritual reincarnation of my grandma – she certainly thinks that she’s a human being and doesn’t understand why we make her play with other dogs))

• August 18, 2015 at 7:54 pm

Love it! Haha. These dogs. They are a mess, aren’t they? How long ago was you diagnosis!
      Great to meet you! Thanks for commenting!

3. August 15, 2015 at 7:21 pm

Great website and bio!! Good luck!!

4. August 16, 2015 at 10:19 am

The cakes are amazing. Great bio. Best of luck in Pitch Wars!

• August 18, 2015 at 7:55 pm

Thanks! Good luck to you too! Thanks for stopping by!

5. August 17, 2015 at 7:31 am

Those cakes are amazing! And you love the Doctor and Star Wars! Good luck with Pitch Wars! May the force be with you!

• August 18, 2015 at 7:56 pm

Hehe! Thanks, Vanessa! May the force be with you in PW too!

6. August 17, 2015 at 9:40 am

I bake cakes too! And I’ve made that pirate ship. I need a creative outlet when I’m not writing, plus I show my love through homemade frosting, cake, and projects that are impossible to complete on time! (But I do!) Good luck in Pitchwars!

• August 18, 2015 at 7:57 pm

Wow, Jennifer! So similar! That’s awesome! Thanks for stopping by! Do you have pics of your cakes posted? I wanna see the pirate ship. Did you do storm troopers too?

7. August 18, 2015 at 9:41 pm

LOVE your excellent taste in Star Wars AND superheroes!

Your action figure collection looks a whole lot like mine too! :)

Best of luck to you in Pitch Wars!

• July 18, 2016 at 1:37 pm

What an awesome way to explain this-now I know eveiythrng!

• August 9, 2016 at 6:14 am

Excellent article. Except you don’t comment the fact that 54 mpg, by 2025 is just ridiculous, while 23.7 was outrageous. 120 mpg is achievable now with a half ton car. Anyway, as you mention, mileage should be reduced and public transportation is a must. Thank you.

• October 23, 2016 at 5:00 pm

I LOVE YOUR BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve read all the books really fast and enjoy every minute and I crave them like I crave popcorn ( almost all the time <3 )! I love the series and think you are an amazing writer, so thanx for writing and i can't wait for the next books to come out!!!

• October 24, 2016 at 2:31 am

I’m really enjoying the theme/design of your website. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility problems? A handful of my blog visitors have complained about my website not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera. Do you have any recommendations to help fix this problem?

• November 3, 2016 at 4:14 pm

That’s the best answer by far! Thanks for contributing.

• January 17, 2017 at 11:19 am

Henri : Il y a une figure érotique qui s’appelle la “feuille de rose”, d’autres plus savants que moi ici sauront la décrire. â–º Une anatomiste et gynécologue peintre belge* l’a parfaitement illustrée…[Cliquer sur ] * Jane Graverol

• March 15, 2017 at 5:06 am

A pinoy 1911 and an AR …….. so I'm not too bad. Then again, clipping a corner actually leaves you with two in its place, just not at right angles. I use that argument all the time with my Man Card, but for some reason it don't work so well. IllTemperedCur

8. May 4, 2017 at 4:11 am

I would like to enlarge my own collection as well. It would be really interesting if you’ll share some other points on the topic.